Wednesday, December 23, 2009

House Update

Here are some pictures of the house. Most of the paint colors sound like a warm vacation spot, it was below zero when we picked them all out. We have painted and next week we should be getting the hardwood flooring installed. I am not sure if it will match this room or not but we are debating just installing the same flooring over this because right now this floor is level with the subfloor of the kitchen, so there will be a step down of 3/4" into our bedroom.

This is the Master Bedroom. The color is called Song of Summer. It is very yellow and in the afternoon it looks very warm. I would suggest that if you pick paint colors, you should pay attention to certain hormone levels. We picked all of these colors at the "wrong" time and I was disgusted with all of them at first. They all turned out brighter, I would have preferred a little more subdued colors but once you pay for them they are yours. The colors are growing on me. Don't forget to check your colors in those little boxes at Home Depot that show the colors in various types of light. The boys room looked orange/pink in the afternoon at first.
Mudroom/Laundry room, it is very hard to get a picture of it.
The kitchen, Meleah's room, and the mud room are all painted in Coastal Mist.

Here is the kitchen. It is about 12' x 17', which is much larger than the original kitchen of 10'x 10' approximately. We decided that the floor had a higher priority than the cabinets. At some point we will have new cabinets but in the mean time these laminate cabinets will work. They don't look too bad. The kitchen sink base cabinet is nice.

Here is the diningroom, the livingroom is to the right.



Meleah was so happy to have this toilet installed. It still isn't hooked up to running water but at least we don't have to go out to the outhouse when it is snowy and cold. Meleah made sure to tell Russell Bell that she loves him because he put the toilet in.




Really, the light does some crazy things with the color. This room is Bob's office and it is the same color as the livingroom. It is a smaller room so it looks like a completely different color. It is called Rejuvenate. In this light it looks a little sickening. It is the same color as the picture below.

Here is the diningroom/livingroom. (I don't know how to change the orders of the picture without starting over.)


Here is the Master Bedroom again from the opposite corner of the first picture. The doorway on the right is the closet. The other is obviously the Master bathroom. It also has a door to the kitchen. The door leads to the kitchen also. There is a tiny closet, not shown, to the left. It is more like a coat closet but most likely will be Bob's or part of Bob's. Maybe his uniform closet or gun closet?

The boys room, just a classic taupe color. At first we were kind of concerned but it turned out nice. They probably won't get carpet until after we move in but in the mean time we found some rugs that will work.


Meleah's room is so bright. The furniture tones it down some. She loves it because it looks like she is flying in the sky.
That is where we are now. The flooring will change the look of everything. That mistake on my part that caused us to pay rent for January will actually mean we get to have flooring. We are putting oak flooring throughout the house except in the kid's bedrooms. They are the only ones that will have carpet.
It is looking more like a home everyday. Now to just pack and move. What a job but we all will be ready to settle in.









5 comments:

  1. Easton's favorite picture was of Cody and Travis' toilet. He's right in the middle of potty training right now so toilets and bathrooms are quite exciting to him. Looks like things are really coming along I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the colors look wonderful, although it is crazy to see the difference it makes with lighting (Bob's office and the living room). I am so happy you'll have flooring when you move in!! LOVE Meleah's curtains! Glad you have a toilet now too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt like Bob's office was an ode to Kaitlyn and Hailey's alien green bedroom...bold, exciting, and a little off balance, like most of us!! Love seeing the pictures and knowing where you will be. I miss you, especially as I filled out Christmas cards this year...I heard your voice in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha Kim. It is good to know I am haunting you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting!!! Glad it is comming along and you will get to move in soon, floors and all.

    ReplyDelete

Followers