Monday, December 21, 2009

A Trip To The Wildlife World Zoo

A rhino lover we know treated us to a trip to the Zoo while we were visiting in Arizona. It was a perfect day, few people and great weather. This was the best trip to this Zoo we ever had! Even if I don't think this rhino looks very pretty. Meleah says, "This poor rhino doesn't have any family. He looks sad."
Travis had a great time. I heard Travis exclaim, "Hey, guys! Come and look at this mouse!" I guess when surrounded by all the wildlife a mouse is unique.

Travis was hiding from this Llama. I think I would be more afraid of the goats. I have never liked them. They did try to eat Meleah's shirt. This llama was just downright pushy.

Feeding the giraffes is always fun.
Meleah says, "He was about to touch me with his gigantic tongue! Aggh!" Travis didn't even want to try. I guess he is better with lizards and mice.



"What 'cha doing" Meleah says. I think I am trying to decide which one is the wildlife.




Duane and Travis, I am sure they are discussing something fun.




Meleah and Kathy enjoying the sky ride. At first, Meleah says that she was scared. But now she likes it.

Duane is telling Meleah that he has given her a lot of rides on his shoulders and now it's her turn to carry him.

Meleah talked Kathy out of her vest right away. She was prepared with the safari hat. We picked that up at a thrift store the day before.


Travis liked these guys. At least they didn't try to eat your clothes.
I think my favorite was the sting rays. We had the whole Aquarium to ourselves. Meleah didn't want to touch them and neither did I but it didn't take long to want to pet them. Those sting rays were as playful as puppies. They would follow Travis around the tank. They would come up to the surface and flap their flippers at you. They were so cute! I asked Bob if we could have a pet sting ray in our pond, he didn't really go for it though.


A great day with some of our favorite people. A wonderful Christmas present!
Thanks again for some precious memories.







1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun! We loved going there, and petting the sting rays, goats and deer were MY favorite! =)
    Burst out laughing at Duane telling Meleah it was her turn to carry him! LOL! Too funny. So glad you got to go and enjoy some quality time with them!

    ReplyDelete

Followers