Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Track Meets

We woke up last Thursday to snow on the ground and more falling. The 1st through 4th Grade Track Meet was postponed due to the snow and rain. They moved their Track Meet to the following Monday. I was quite relieved because all I could see is how long it would be to sit through the snow on a cold, metal stadium seat.
Friday the weather was better for Cody's Meet. He missed a few practices because of Conference and going to Arizona so he ended up only doing the Standing Long Jump. He got 1st place for 5th and 6th Grade Boys!
6 feet 3inches.
He wanted to do some of the shorter distance running but all that was available was the 400 and the 800(1/2 mile). He decided to start practicing for next year.

Travis ran the 400(one time around) and the 200(half way around).  He did really great but there were a lot of 3rd and 4th graders. He went out there and did his best though and did well for a kid that didn't want to run in the first place.

Meleah really shouldn't have participated, it is 1st grade through 8th grade, but she really wanted to and they said she could. She was out there running against 1st and 2nd graders. She ran the 50 and the 100 yard dash. In the 50 yard dash, she qualified for the finals. She was first in her group!

The Home School Group got 2nd place in overall performance. They have a great coach. (He reminded me of Andy Brown in running shoes, it made me laugh every time he ran with the kids. He speaks like Andy too.) I was glad the kids participated. They had a great time meeting new friends and learning some new skills.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like they all did great with their first meet! I'm sure it was a lot of fun to watch too. I had to laugh to myself picturing Andy as a track coach running with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow? Thankfully, I think that's over for us. Looks like the kids are fitting right into a fun program. Way to go - all three!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Rebecca... The thought of Andy as a track coach in running shoes (and I'm assuming shorts?) makes me laugh. =)
    SO impressed with Cody getting 2nd place! Great job to Travis and Meleah too! Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete

Followers