Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mt. Garfield Hike

The view of Mt. Garfield from our house.

The boys decided to hike Mt. Garfield. Bob and I had done the hike before on a day that was extremely windy. I couldn't imagine taking Meleah up there, so we stayed home. The thoughts of the shooting leg pains that a mother feels when her offspring are in a dangerous spot were just too much for me to consider it just yet.
The beginning of the trail goes up this ridge. Yes, it is as bad as it looks. It is super steep at first with nothing on either side of you. I had to focus on the trail or look ahead of me because the drop off on either side made me dizzy. This is also where I landed on my rear.        
My least favorite part, wall on one side and cliff on the other. One of the other hikers we met said this area often has snakes, not to mention trying to pass a group on this section.  Maybe I am wimpy but it was very unnerving for me. The boys did fine without me to be scared for them. I will try it again, when I am brave enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers