Thursday, September 29, 2011

Birthday Pictures

For my birthday this year I got to spend the day with Bob and the kids were able to take a break from me. That was probably a gift for all of us. I suggested that we go to Powderhorn Ski Resort and ride the lift and look at the fall colors. Well, after almost 15 years together we are thinking alike, he tells me that was what he was planning to do. It was about an hour ride and you can see some pretty amazing views and it is a long way down to the starting point. The trees were just starting to change colors.



Did I say it was a long way down? It was. My sunglasses fell out of my purse as I was grabbing my camera to take some pictures. They are somewhere on that mountain.  At least it wasn't the new camera.







Pretty.






On the top of Grand Mesa the trees were much prettier. We drove around some of the back roads and hiked around Carson Lake.



God does a great job and I am very thankful to be able to see all the wonderful places in His creation. By the end of the day the kids were still not ready for us to pick them up. It is nice to have a break once and a while. It was a lovely day.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful way to spend your birthday! Definitely gorgeous! Wish you were here so we could celebrate with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a good-lookin' couple - & I have always been in awe of your dimple! Just had to say it. Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, since you are mama and school teacher I'm sure it was a nice break for you all. It looks like a lovely day for the two of you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the perfect day, minus losing the sunglasses of course :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers