

There is no place like home, there is no place like home...wait, this is going to be home. We have somewhat settled into our new home. God has placed us in a great neighborhood. I was getting frustrated when I was looking for a place for us to rent but God must have wanted us here. Scott's Run is the name of the subdivision. It is a small one with one main road and three cul-de-sacs off of Shavano. There is a waterfall on the corner with 10 or more Koi and little toads that you can see at night. Close enough for the kids to walk to it without me being concerned about their safety.
This is a neighborhood of teachers, policemen, and retired people. The next door neighbors reminds me of Don and Betty. He is out working on his yard all the time, patient in listening to the kid's stories, and just all around nice.
There are two quiet, big black dogs next door that only bark when we fail to walk up to the short, chain link fence to pet them. There are kids in the neighborhood but only these AZ natives seem to be out in the middle of the day in these hot 90-100 degree temperatures.
There is a sidewalk that goes between everyone's back yard that makes a great rollerblading loop for Cody. It is surrounded by this neighborhood and I feel comfortable letting him go by himself.
We are at the entrance of the neighborhood and everyone waves at us as they drive by. It just seems great.
The first night we weren't so sure. We got here, after a 14 hour trip (it only went 35 mph up the mountains) with the rental truck, unloaded the beds and tried to settle in for the night. Bob didn't sleep well. He was up a few times trying to figure out all the noises. Around 11:30 we awoke to a terrible squeeking sound. We thought maybe the Swamp cooler was breaking or something. We finally figured out the sprinklers come on and they were hitting the windows. They aren't the gentle AZ sprinklers either, they seem sort of crazy wild in comparison. Bob went out to adjust them just in order to get some sleep.
It seems nice, yet it is still hard to think that this will be home. 15 minutes to church and 10 to Wal-mart will take some getting used to.
The kids seem to be doing okay. They have been catching toads, ladybugs and polliwogs. We will have to get some window coverings because the amount of birds to watch in the back yard will keep Travis from doing ANY school.
We will see most of you this weekend. I would send some really great pictures if only I didn't leave the cord to upload my pictures in Arizona. Sorry about the crazy picture, I can 't figure out how to change it.
Love you guys.
Liza
This is a neighborhood of teachers, policemen, and retired people. The next door neighbors reminds me of Don and Betty. He is out working on his yard all the time, patient in listening to the kid's stories, and just all around nice.
There are two quiet, big black dogs next door that only bark when we fail to walk up to the short, chain link fence to pet them. There are kids in the neighborhood but only these AZ natives seem to be out in the middle of the day in these hot 90-100 degree temperatures.
There is a sidewalk that goes between everyone's back yard that makes a great rollerblading loop for Cody. It is surrounded by this neighborhood and I feel comfortable letting him go by himself.
We are at the entrance of the neighborhood and everyone waves at us as they drive by. It just seems great.
The first night we weren't so sure. We got here, after a 14 hour trip (it only went 35 mph up the mountains) with the rental truck, unloaded the beds and tried to settle in for the night. Bob didn't sleep well. He was up a few times trying to figure out all the noises. Around 11:30 we awoke to a terrible squeeking sound. We thought maybe the Swamp cooler was breaking or something. We finally figured out the sprinklers come on and they were hitting the windows. They aren't the gentle AZ sprinklers either, they seem sort of crazy wild in comparison. Bob went out to adjust them just in order to get some sleep.
It seems nice, yet it is still hard to think that this will be home. 15 minutes to church and 10 to Wal-mart will take some getting used to.
The kids seem to be doing okay. They have been catching toads, ladybugs and polliwogs. We will have to get some window coverings because the amount of birds to watch in the back yard will keep Travis from doing ANY school.
We will see most of you this weekend. I would send some really great pictures if only I didn't leave the cord to upload my pictures in Arizona. Sorry about the crazy picture, I can 't figure out how to change it.
Love you guys.
Liza
It is so weird to think you have a new home now, but I'm so glad everything seems so nice in the neighborhood. I can't wait to see more pictures of everything, and am looking forward to seeing you this weekend!
ReplyDeleteGlad things are going well for you. We miss you guys. McKenna is displaced in a way... many false starts to go to your house to see if the kids want to play. All will work out, though, we know God has a plan for all of us! Can't wait to see your pictures and to see you this weekend!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear you like it, and also look forward to more pictures. It sounds wonderful. I just wish it were someone else talking about it, and not you guys!! =) Glad to be able to see you all this weekend! xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteHello, Hedricks! I am sorry I didn't get the boys pants and shirts out in front of my house for you. I threw them into the wash to discover a red car, two knives and some money. I'll hold on to it for the boys or send it in the mail! Hugs to the Hedricks! We already miss you like crazy!
ReplyDeleteHey Guys, I am sorry we didn't get a chance to say goodbye. We really wanted to see you on Sunday, but we ended up traveling to Oregon instead. We will miss you, but the great thing is that the Body of Christ is so awesome, even miles apart and years without "seeing" each other, it won't matter, it is a closeness like non other! Love you and wish you the best!
ReplyDelete