Saturday, September 12, 2009

First Flag Football Game

The boys both are playing NFL Youth Flag Football through the City of Grand Junction. They have been practicing and I was getting worried. The coach said she didn't know much about the game and was looking for help. I barely know enough to understand what is going on. Thankfully, another dad was able to help. At practice you notice all their strengths and weaknesses. We had a lot of weaknesses to improve upon. I was just impressed with their game today. Each member, of the six on their team, did their part. Each of the four touchdowns were from different team members. Meleah took these pictures(really, I know I do a bad job but she did take these.) This is the point Cody scored. He is the runningback most of the time. He is on the right in the picture below.
Travis has his own set of strengths. He is perfect on defense. He pulled most of the flags of the other team. He played Center(?not sure if that is right or not) most of the game. He even had to miss a flying shoe as he dived for the opponent's flag. It was a fun game to watch.

You can see Travis with the ball. Cody is waiting in the red shorts and white shirt. Their team is the Chiefs. They are supposed to get their jerseys next week. Thanks for sharing part of our Saturday. I am looking forward to the next game.



4 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun boys! I hope there is a game the weekend I'm there. Meleah you did an great job taking the pictures. Shell

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like fun and the background is just beautiful. It seems like the boys are really getting the hang of it already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! Glad they're doing well, and Meleah did great with the pics! She's the photographer, yay! =)

    ReplyDelete

Followers