Sunday, November 22, 2009

The sweet life...

What is more fun than dressing up to be a Firefighter? He looks a lot like Bob does when Bob wears the uniform. Travis wonders if they make midget fire gear.
Location, location, location. Globe willow next to the pond. We spent a week getting the house ready for drywall. The kids has plenty of scrap materials, screws and power tools at their disposal. So while I was worried about them missing school for a week they were busy measuring, cutting and creating something of their own. That week Cody spent a few hours every day in woodshop. He had the job of finishing one of the bathroom vanity cabinets. Travis kept pointing out that we needed a lever to get those nails out. What I am saying is that they were doing a lot of on-the-job training.

Cody built a cup holder and asked if he could bring some of his school books up there to read.


This is a shared fort. Homemade swing on one side, tree fort on the other. This was a combined effort. All three of them worked on it. The only problem was that any time I needed the ladder, they had run off with it. The screwdriver would walk off with the hammer occassionally. I finally started asking them first if they knew where the missing object was before I went searching and they usually did.

Tree forts, and swings, now all that is missing is our AZ friends.







4 comments:

  1. How fun! At least they are finding so many fun things to do! I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such great imaginations and learning fun! they're experiencing a wonderful childhood. sorry they miss everybody so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If they don't make midget fire gear, Travis will have to invent it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like they are having a lot of fun. Many new experiences, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Followers