Friday, February 19, 2010

More Snow!

We woke up to this the other morning. It had melted by afternoon, leaving mud and wet everywhere.
Sure is pretty.

Today, during school, I looked out the window and huge beautiful flakes were falling from the sky. I pointed them out to Cody and his response was, "AWW Great!" He was frowning. I think we have reached the point where we have had enough. I have to think of it as water for the ground and it is a good thing. At least now it isn't sticking to the ground, just melting. My problem might be that I checked out some gardening books at the library and I am looking at all the wonderful warm, garden designs but the picture outside the window just doesn't match. I have to just remind myself that this is winter. Just a few more months of this. Some one told me Feb. and Mar. are the months with the most moisture. Nice.


The other day, Meleah and I went outside and started picking up construction trash that was covered by the snow. It was about 40 and the sun was shining. I was almost hot! The sunshine is deceiving. We get more days of sunshine than Phoenix, according to the local newspaper. Only Yuma(4th) beat Grand Junction(7th). We didn't last long, slipping through the mud and muck.

We will go out and try again in April I guess, maybe May.




3 comments:

  1. I'd be tired of it by day 2, so you're doing great! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. More days of sunshine than Phoenix? Wow, that's impressive. At least that will keep you from those winter weather blues you hear about in places where it's overcast and dark often. Good luck with the garden...someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liza! It's Amy K! I know just how you (and Cody) feel about the snow. I am so glad to hear you will be sticking with homeschooling, but it must also be frustrating. I thought about one of the recordings from the homeschool fair that we have. I listened to it one night, called 10 reasons to homeschool teens. I found it uplifting and will definitely listen again when I need to-years from now. Maybe it will give you some much needed strength too. Miss you all a bunch!

    ReplyDelete

Followers