Happy Mother's Day!
I am so very thankful for my Moms. You may wonder why I mention more than one but that is because there have been so many women in my life, not all have been mothers, that have touched me. I have admired certain qualities in their lives, received encouragement from them at a needed moment, witnessed their examples as they guided their children and homes as well as having shared their love. I am so thankful for all these lovely women that have been a blessing to me in my own life.To my own mother, I am thankful for your love and patience with me. I never once doubted your love, you always made me feel special. Thank you for all your encouragement, even when I couldn't admit that you were right. You mean so much to me. I am thankful that my daughter shares your enthusiasm and zest for life, I get to have part of you with me everyday.
To Caroline, my other "Mom", you have been such a blessing to me in so many ways. I have seen your patient example, desired to seek after that scriptural wisdom and insight I have witnessed in your life. I have always valued your opinion and advice. You have taught me the blessing of hospitality and service. I love to see how you continue to find ways and means to serve others. I also thank you for all the recipes and cooking hints. I am blessed to be your daughter-in-law.
To my Laura, you have been so wonderful to be there for my kids. They love to have that special attention and love they get from you. I have seen that individual attention you give every child and I know I glimpse Christ's love in your actions, every child is precious in your sight just like His.
To all my church sisters(including my own sisters and sisters-in-law), I would try to list all of you but it would be impossible. Thank you all for being there and sharing your motherly advice, your loving examples and encouragement. I know that I would never have made it through church with babies and toddlers, Croup, Teething, Hormones, and all those challenges that you face as a mom if it weren't for each of you. I see all the things that each of you endeavor to do in your lives and in the lives of your kids or nieces and nephews and your examples give me hope and strength to continue on. Thank you.
I hope all of you enjoy Mother's Day, whether you are a mother or aunt or friend, I have been blessed by you all.
That was beautiful, Happy Mother's Day to you Dear Liza. I know I keep missing you when you're out here but, one day we will see each other again in person and get a chance to visit :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day to you, too Liza!
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day Liza!
ReplyDeleteThat made me a little teary eyed! I can relate so much to what you're saying. The women God has blessed me with in my life have meant so much to me too. Happy Mother's Day!
ReplyDelete