Meleah loves to help in the kitchen. She had to share kitchen helper duties with Travis, he wanted to make the cookies by himself, it was difficult for her. That is why she has such a pleased look on her face. She helped make the pie crusts and then made a few miniature pies for each of the boys and herself.
With my kids, I have found, if you let them do something to help(cooking, painting the house/walls, etc.) their interest doesn't last long but you spend more time trying to tell them "no" than just letting help. Their attention span or interest fades and it becomes work and they don't want to help anymore so it is easier to let them help for a while than talking them out of helping.
There was a time when the kids were younger that they all had to be there and help with everything. I let them help occasionally, like when I had an abundance of guilt for not letting them or I could say I had an amazing amount of patience. Thankfully, they are getting older and willing to share duties. Plus, they all don't want to help at the same time, that is helpful.
Pies, by Meleah
The best part of this cooking experience, Meleah was speaking the whole time in her little British accent. She plans to have a cooking show someday for PBS's Create and she will speak in her little accent. She used to pretend to work in a coffee shop far away and her old parents would come to visit her but her mother always died. I never did like that one.
This day of baking is a precious memory I will never forget.
AW! How fun!!! :D Love kid's imaginations!
ReplyDeleteKaia is definitely one of those that wants to help help help. I can't wait for the day when her "help" is real and we can have great time in the kitchen!
ReplyDelete