She was always in the middle of everything and wanted to help. When we did school, she was on my lap and begging for her school work or asking to see the pictures in our book. She could recognize the sound of my mixer and she would come running to "see".
She grew and grew. Her hair curled up. Her freckles multiplied. But her smile never dimmed.
| She turned seven on Thursday, December 16th. Bob took her out to lunch, just the two of them. They both got dressed up and went to Olive Garden. She enjoyed the time with Bob. She usually wants to be with her mom all the time so this was a change for her but she decided it was a good one. |
| She is our brownie girl. Two pieces were needed for all seven candles. We did learn that you shouldn't put candles into warm brownies. The first set of seven melted in the brownies. We cut around them, it was better this way because she still had a cough from being sick. Her germs stayed on her own plate. This was also a great year for Meleah because she could read her birthday cards herself. She has been very reluctant to read. I could list a variety of reason but most likely is that she had two fluently reading older brothers that would listen in and "help" her along. I think she was nervous about it and a bit of a perfectionist. Just this week she asked to read me a second book. It was the first time that I didn't have to make her do it. She wanted to read another one to me. Whatever the reason, I am thankful. Our little girl is getting older but we are enjoying the journey. I love to see her faith grow and her understanding of the word of God. I am thankful for this little girl for her smiles, giggles and especially for her freckles. |




Happy Birthday Meleah! The lunch with dad sounds lovely :)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness these pictures are all sooo cute! I remember that little round faced girl when she was about two years old. And she is still beautiful. Sounds like she had a fun birthday and a girl after my own heart to come running at the smell of chocolate!
ReplyDeleteAwwwww =D Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI am so behind! Love seeing those old pictures of her. Time is flying, it's so bittersweet.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a wonderful idea, sending her to dinner with just her daddy. I think Brooke would like that too.
We miss you guys!