Thursday, August 13, 2009

Things I have learned...

Just taking a moment to think of the things that I have learned through this process.
1. God is so good.
2. He knew what He was doing when He led me to Bob.
3. Work, although discouraging and painful at times does leave you feeling better about having done something.
4. Although three kids can be loud, messy, and crazy at times...I really miss them and want to hang onto every moment of the coming years.
5. Even though you have to say goodbye to your dearest friends and family, God blesses you with some to try to fill the gap.
6. He protects the careless. I was trying to find the library and remembered it was on this street but was it farther north or south? I turned onto a one-way-street and managed to get to the next street before realizing I was headed the wrong way.
7. God is greater and more powerful than we realize and He hears and answers prayer. Bob was visiting with some of the ones that Life Flighted David Larsen to Denver when he had the flesh eating bacteria. They said two other people had the same thing about the same time...they didn't make it.
8. Baking powder is a necessary ingredient in quick breads. I have some pretty flat Zucchinni Bread. I need to get some baking powder.
9. In a small congregation, I feel burdened to be prepared with a testimony. If I don't take the opportunity to praise God, it will be a short service. It reminded me of something I heard, can't remember where, that we need to prepare our gift to offer to Him when we come to worship type services. What can I give to praise Him? The sacrifice of my lips, my fear of standing, confessing that He is God and none other can take that place. I need to be more mindful, prayerful and watching for His hand in my daily life.
10. I am living and functioning without all the stuff in my garage, the things still in boxes. Sometimes...it is just stuff and it feels very good to have less cluttering in your life.

2 comments:

  1. those are wonderful lessons to have learned and to share with others...and I'll keep the baking powder thing in mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been especially feeling #1 lately, and am so thankful for it! Also feeling #4 a lot too... They grow so fast and I want/need to take in every bit of it that I can.
    Love you guys! Miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete

Followers