Saturday, January 9, 2010

Almost Ready...

Here is our beautiful oak floors. I thought we would have to move in without flooring but God has worked things out. As things have started to get stressful and hectic it has compelled me to be more prayerful. I make sure that I am praying over everything. I know that is why things have worked out better than I expected.
I spent yesterday underneath this floor finishing up the duct work in this part of the house. There is nothing like the satisfaction of insulated warm ducts. Haha. Maybe it would be more accurate to say that I am very happy to know that I am almost done crawling around in a dark, spiderweb filled, dusty crawlspace where you crawl around and kneel on chunks of concrete or rock and who knows what else. By the end of the day we did have hot blowing air coming out of the vents in our living room.
Here is the kitchen. Today we should have the sinks installed and hopefully...running water. Perhaps hot water but that might be a stretch. We shall see.

Our cabinets don't match. They are temporary, we hope. It is what we need to move in so we are making it work. The kitchen sink base and the stove were blessings that we were able to find and were very affordable. Our light fixtures are just bare bulbs. It was quick, easy and fit the budget.
As I have said before, the kids had been praying for snow and have been asked to stop. Travis has changed his prayers to having carpet in his room before we move in. I didn't think we could even afford flooring anywhere so I was trying to prepare him that it might not happen. Well, after looking at our finances and checking around at carpet stores, we can get carpet. In fact, we don't even have to get the cheapest stuff. I went to one place that sold flooring, we had gotten tile for our bathroom through them and they seem like a good company. We went back yesterday and they were having remnant sales. Enough for the two rooms we needed it for and some of it was better quality than I thought we would be able to get. It will be installed Monday, Travis' birthday.
I think I want to ask Travis to start praying for a new refrigerator. That is somewhat selfish. There is one that was left with the house. I did bleach it forever but when you find animal hair inside...it is just hard to get over that. It is clean now and we don't have to buy a new one. Maybe next month?
Hopefully by next week everything will be ready for final inspection and we will be able to move the following week. Yeah!
Bob has been released to Full Duty! He had to do a physical test, I think the one they do in the application process, in order to get back on Full Duty. That was on Thursday and he did it without a problem. He still has to do a test in Salt Lake City, UT just to make sure it wasn't a condition he had that was causing the problem. That will be Feb. 12. He gets to ride on the Fire Truck today. He is greatly relieved and needed to bring Cinnamon Rolls to work today to celebrate.
Meleah started her gymnastics and is loving it but our camera battery died when I went to take pictures and so did my phone. Next week I should have pictures to share.
Love you all.
Liza



5 comments:

  1. Liza - Looks good and inviting. I really like the floor as it looks like mine. I can see you could use matching cabinets but they will really be wonderful when you have the money and can get what you really want, and until then making do helps us with patience. Also Hppy to hear about Bobby's progress and we need to pray that everything will be just fine when he goes to Salt Lake. Also say Happy Birthday to Travis as well :) Lave ya all Bonnie & Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. the flooring is beautiful! I'm so glad that God is hearing your prayers and you are such a brave woman to be doing all that work in crawl spaces. he he

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing!! Love it!
    I have many tears in my eyes as I read and re-read the portion about the carpet. God is SO amazing! Even more tearful for me is that it will be on Travis' birthday. What an amazing testimony for him!
    Looking forward to seeing pictures of Meleah at gymnastics!
    Hugs to you all, and a big Happy Birthday to Trav!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So thankful that Travis is learning this kind of faith early in his life. There were so many times I thought to keep a journal of my kids "moments of faith" so they would have them when their faith was weak.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The house is looking GREAT! It will be so nice when you are all moved in. What a cool answer to prayer for Travis. It's amazing how God answers prayers for every aspect of our lives, even carpet. He tells us to pray for everything, and he meant it!

    ReplyDelete

Followers