
Here is the house we bought. I think either it was a great blessing yet, as we start working on it I am beginning to wonder. It is a small house that had a few additions. Bob has crawled through the attic and crawlspace and thinks it is quite solid. It has plumbing problems. The pipes may have froze or something but they all leak. The kitchen is being gutted. I think we have about 4 or maybe 5 layers of flooring to tear up. We have been working on it for four days and filled one large construction dumpster with more to add to it. I am looking forward to Bob starting his new job so I can have a break from all this labor.

This is the livingroom. The best room in the whole house, right now anyway. It has hardwood floors and I think it only needs some painting and refinishing of the floors.
The morning we showed up to start working, I heard this movement in the leaves. I then saw the toad hopping away and noticed the snake. It had only clamped onto the one back leg of the toad.
The snake had bitten more than it could swallow...maybe we have done the same thing with this house???
Good news though. The pond has fish and you can swim in it if you would like. It is just like swimming in the Colorado river and you should shower after and not swim with any open sores. It is one of the cleanest ponds in the area. Maybe just take a canoe out for a spin...
Well back to work.
keep posting more pictures of the house. Justin and I would love to move somewhere like that... we are thinking maybe Washington or Idaho.
ReplyDeleteLove to hear the news. Can't wait to come visit you next June! Hugs to all the Hedrickites. We miss you.
ReplyDeleteWow, lots of work but it'll be wonderful when you're done!
ReplyDeleteCrazy picture of that snake and toad! Yikes! =)