Sunday, August 23, 2009

What am I?

Is this a new fashion trend, or costume? Maybe UV protection? A sweatsuit perhaps?


My sister, Amy, is into sewing and has started a group called "Make-Mend-Do". This is one of their projects. An affordable dress form. First you get into a trashbag and then you are wrapped in duct tape. By the end you are quite sweaty and can't breathe too deeply. When you are sufficiently wrapped, you cut a seam down the back. Tape it back together and fill with stuffing of your choice and you have a accurate form of yourself. It was an idea she found on the internet. We will see if it works. I am just glad that I was taking the pictures.

5 comments:

  1. Meleah, I love your new fashion statement. It looks way to hot for Phoenix though. Maybe I can try it out when I come visit you. Shell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, Meleah! I thought you would have a light saber or something in your hand...looks like armor! What a great idea, Amy! You'll have to follow up on this, Liza, with the results. Looks like fun--not necessarily for ME, but fun for others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. huh, interesting?!?! looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meleah looks so adorable! I thought it was her "armor" or something! =) Definitely an interesting idea... I'd like to see the finished product...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried using the expandable foam to fill mine with and being unexperienced in the ways of expandable foam ended up with a hunchback. I have have since reaalized the office I work in has bags enough of shredded paper that I will use for my second attempt. I will send pics when its finished.

    ReplyDelete

Followers